From Mount Wiki
Welcome to Mount Wiki! This is a guide to some things you should know before creating your first article. We will explain some of the DOs and DON'Ts of writing an article, then we'll tell you how to create your article. Here are some tips that may help you along the way:
- Everyone can create articles, but be aware that automated bots are constantly scanning for spam articles. Abusive creation of articles will result in a permanent ban of the IP adress.
- Try editing existing articles to get a feel for writing and for using the mark-up language in use at Mount Wiki.
- Search Mount Wiki first to make sure that an article does not already exist on the subject, perhaps under a different title. If the article already exists, feel free to make any constructive edits you feel are necessary.
- Consider creating the article first in your user space As a registered user, you have your own user space. You can start your new article there, on a subpage; you can get it in shape, take your time, ask other editors to help work on it, and only move it into the "live" Mount Wiki once it is ready to go. When your new article is ready for "prime time", you can move it into the main area.
- Remember the article you create will be deleted quickly if it is not acceptable.
- Do not create pages about yourself, your company or your friends, pages that advertise, personal essays or other articles you would not find in an encyclopedia or book.
- Be careful about the following: copying things, controversial material, extremely short articles, and local-interest articles.
 How to create a page
In the search box at the left, type the title of your article, then click Go. If the Search page reports "No page with that title exists" then you can click the red "Create the page" link to start editing your article.
It is better to create your article in a subpage of your user page, take as long as you need to make it a good article, then move it to the main article space. You can create your personal sandbox for article development by clicking this link.
After you have entered your article, click Show preview to check for errors, then click Save page.
 How to write the Mount Wiki languague
In fact, the wiki language is very easy, which can be read in detail on the syntax page.